Yang was the very first member of the Schnable lab and was a postdoc in our lab from 2014 to 2017. Prior to moving to Nebraska, Yang was a postdoc with our collaborator Pinghua Li from Shandong Agricultural University, having completed her PhD studying cassava at the Chinese Academy of Tropical Agricultural Sciences in Hainan, China.
During her time in the she worked primarily on analysis of comparative transcriptional responses to cold stress in maize, sorghum and related species, publishing the first portion of her work in The Plant Cell in 2017. In 2017, Yang accepted a position as a bioinformatics staff research scientist at St. Jude Children’s Hospital.
Papers As A Member Of The Schnable Lab:
- Meng X, Liang Z, Dai X, Zhang Y, Mahboub S, Ngu DW, Roston RL, Schnable JC “Predicting transcriptional responses to cold stress across plant species” bioRxiv doi: 10.1101/2020.08.25.266635
- Lai X, Bendix C, Yan L, Zhang Y, Schnable JC, Harmon F (2020) “Interspecific analysis of diurnal gene regulation in panicoid grasses identifies known and novel regulatory motifs.” BMC Genomics doi: 10.1186/s12864-020-06824-3
- Yan L, Raju SKK, Lai X, Zhang Y, Dai X, Rodriguez O, Mahboub S, Roston RL, Schnable JC (2019) “Parallel natural selection in the cold-adapted crop-wild relative Tripsacum dactyloides and artificial selection in temperate adapted maize.” The Plant Journal doi: 10.1111/tpj.14376 bioRxiv doi: 10.1101/187575
- Liang Z, Gupta SK, Yeh CT, Zhang Y, Ngu DW, Kumar R, Patil HT, Mungra KD, Yadav DV, Rathore A, Srivastava RK, Gupkta R, Yang J, Varshney RK, Schnable PS, Schnable JC. (2018) “Phenotypic data from inbred parents can improve genomic prediction in pearl millet hybrids.” G3: Genes Genomes Genetics doi: 10.1534/g3.118.200242
- Zhang Y, Ngu DW, Carvalho D, Liang Z, Qiu Y, Roston RL, Schnable JC. (2017) “Differentially regulated orthologs in sorghum and the subgenomes of maize.” The Plant Cell doi: 10.1105/tpc.17.00354 bioRxiv preprint doi: 10.1101/120303
- Washburn JD, Schnable JC, Brutnell TP, Shao Y, Zhang Y, Ludwig M, Davidse G, Pires JC. (2017) “Genome-Guided Phylo-Transcriptomics.” Scientific Reports doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-13236-z